Hot wings are a game-time essential.
But if you're watching the game from home, it's likely you don't have a fryer at home... so you'll need to call an audible on the traditional hot wings. Luckily, baked Buffalo wings are super easy to make and probably a bit healthier since they're not fried in a vat of oil.
- 4 pounds of chicken wings and drums
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of large grain (kosher) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of a good quality hot wing sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange wings on large cookie sheets leaving at least 1" of space between each piece.
- Allow wings to bake undisturbed for 30 minutes until golden brown, and until the wings release easily from the baking sheet. Using a pair of tongs, turn the pieces over and return to the oven to bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp.
- Pour the Buffalo sauce into a large bowl and, working in batches, toss wings with the sauce until evenly coated.
- Serve with celery and ranch or blue chesse dressing. Enjoy!